i talk music here.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Just another TV moment where I discover another awesome band

Here's the thing about Mad Men. To me, it's the most intelligent show on TV. That's not always a good thing though. Which explains why shows like Breaking Bad and True Detective, which are very in-your-face intelligent and engaging, have managed to gather so many fans so fast. With the more subtle Mad Men, you need to wait watch out for brilliant moments. But when one finally comes along, the show nails it.

This is easily my favourite Mad Men moment. Draper's dark day at office. Glen's existentialist crisis. And they both come together at the end and turn a very depressing episode into something a little less gloomy.

This also introduced me to The Lovin' Spoonful. If you haven't heard of them, imagine them as a slightly more obscure version of The Grateful Dead.


And here's the full song, which is now one of my most cherished tracks EVER.


No comments:

Post a Comment